Jump to all credits for:
Film | Theatre | Television | Ads | Games+Interactive | Miscellaneous
Star Dog & Turbo Cat, an action-adventure, CG animated, feature film for Red Star 3D, in cinemas at Christmas, 2019. My soundtrack is available digitally here, and here are some examples of previous work with Red Star.
The National Commemoration of the Centenary of the Battle of The Somme (2016) – also known as Somme 100 – in Manchester’s Heaton Park, a concert featuring video and dance underscored by my work.
The Aviatrix (2014), a feature-length documentary for which I composed an original soundtrack, premiered on BBC4 in March 2015.
CITV Autumn Brand Image (2014), a one minute promotional advertisement which played across all the ITV channels from September 2014 onwards featuring some quirky and lively music.
Pandemic (2012), which played for a week as part of the Singapore Arts Festival, was an interactive, theatrical, site-specific experience set in a post-apocalyptic future featuring a suitably horror, synchronised score. “And vampires are closing in…”
Mr Bojagi (2009), a short film starring Brian Blessed, and featuring a fantastical soundtrack, received over 25,000 views on Daily Motion, an online film site, most of those being in its initial weekend. You can watch the trailer here.
Helium (Slung Low, 2007), a site-specific new theatre piece, starring the vocal talents of Patrick Stewart alongside my musical soundscapes. The Guardian and The Metro both liked it so much they both gave it 4*s.
Here are the video archives that’ll give more of the flavour of Helium’s soundscape.
The John Akii-Bua Story: An African Tragedy (2008) is a feature-length documentary made for and broadcast on BBC2.
Crossing The Line (2006), a feature-length documentary made for and broadcast on BBC4. It was also selected for the Sundance and Berlin Film Festivals. The score had a dystopian, cold-war vibe.
The Way We Worshipped: Christmas Special (2006) was broadcast on ITV, featuring several pieces licensed from my catalogue and some Christmassy embellishments to the title music.
Black | Blue (2005), starring Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr Eko, Lost) is a short, tense drama for which I was awarded Best Sound at the Leicester CAN Short Film Festival.
To Courtney, With Love (2005) was a poignant look at a young mother and her struggle with cancer, featuring an intimate, piano-led music. Broadcast on BBC1, it won the RTS award for Best Documentary in 2006.
You, Me & Cancer (2004), broadcast on BBC3, was an irreverant documentary about the daily lives of three cancer patients with a similarly irreverant soundtrack.
NITS (2004) was a short I worked on as Boom Op that received a BAFTA Nomination for Best Short Film in 2005.
Mother, Mine (dir. Sue Everett, UK Film Council, 2008), a short psychological drama, won many awards on the festival circuit:
- World Premiere – LA Shorts Fest, Los Angeles, USA, Aug 2008
- Best Film – Women Like Short, Salento International Film Festival, Italy
- Finalist – Manhattan Shorts Festival
- Highly Commended – Turner Classics Shorts Competition
- Best Short – Yorkshire Film Award, Leeds International Film Festival, UK
- UK Audience Award – Filmstock, UK
- Audience Award – Red Orchid Short Film Festival, Washington DC
- Best Up & Coming Director – Newport International Film Festival, Wales
- Nomination: Best Female Character – London Short Film Festival 2009, UK
- Runner Up, Shine Awards – Bradford International Film Festival
- Audience Award – SENE, South East New England Film Festival, US
- Best Film by a Woman Filmmaker – West Chester International Short Film Festival, USA
- Best Director – End of the Pier Festival, UK
- Best Actress in a Drama Short – Newport Beach Film Festival, USA
- Nomination: Best Short Film – Milan International Film Festival Awards
- 2nd Best Drama Short – Naoussa International Short Film Festival, Greece
- Audience Award – Fear No Film, Utah, USA
- Official Selection – Short Film Festival of Los Angeles
- Official Selection – Short Film Festival of San Francisco
Private Life (UK Film Council, 2006) is another short drama I scored that gained huge recognition at the festivals:
- Grand Jury Prize – Planet Out Short Movie Awards, Miami 2007, USA
- Best Short Film – Leeds International Film Festival 2006, UK
- Best Female Short Film – Fire Island Film Festival, New York, USA
- Best Foreign Short Film – Mix Brasil Film Festival, Brazil
- Best Short Film – Outflix International Film festival, Memphis, USA
- Best Short Film – Fresno Reel Pride Film Festival, USA
- Best Female Short Film – GAZE International Film Festival, Dublin, Ireland
- Best Short Film – Hamburg L&G Film Festival, Germany
- Best short Film – Cinefable Film Festival, Paris, France
- Best Female Short – Southwest International L&G Film Festival, UK
- Best Short Film – Provincetown International Film Festival, USA
- Best Short Film – Conneticut L&G Film Festival, USA